Due to the complexity, precision and serious pollution of dental instruments, the following points should be paid attention to during cleaning:
1. Manual cleaning and mechanical cleaning (including ultrasonic cleaning) can be used. Mechanical cleaning method can be selected for non power oral instruments. Hand cleaning should be selected for dental instruments with power supply, precision and complex dental instruments, and handles of electric dental cleaners. Ultrasonic cleaning should be the first choice for small dental instruments and other complicated instruments.
2. The detachable instruments shall be cleaned separately after being disassembled, such as the electric tooth cleaner.
3. During manual cleaning, the instruments, appliances and articles shall be rinsed under flowing water to preliminarily remove pollutants; after washing, they shall be soaked with multi enzyme cleaning solution or other cleaning agent, then brushed and scrubbed; finally, they shall be rinsed with flowing water. The water temperature should be 15-30 ℃. The brushing operation shall be carried out under the water surface to prevent the generation of aerosols. The lumen instruments shall be washed with pressure water gun, and the detachable parts shall be cleaned after being disassembled.
4. Ultrasonic cleaning shall follow the instructions or instruction manual of the manufacturer; first wash the instrument under flowing water, remove the pollutants preliminarily, and then inject water for human cleaning into the cleaner, and add multi enzyme cleaning solution; the water temperature shall be less than 45 ℃ to hold the instrument The basket shall be submerged under the water; the cover of ultrasonic cleaning machine shall be covered during cleaning to prevent the generation of aerosol; the matching ultrasonic frequency and time shall be selected according to different materials of the instrument; the special basket shall be equipped for ultrasonic cleaning of small dental instruments.
5. The mechanical cleaning method shall follow the instructions or instruction manual of the manufacturer. The detachable instrument shall be disassembled for cleaning and the instrument coupling shall be fully opened.